6-1

Share | 

England's World Cup Squad - Your views?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HIVX Super Hans
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

PostSubject: England's World Cup Squad - Your views?   Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:52 am

Well this is England's final 23-man squad for the World Cup.

Keepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Strikers: Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

What is your view?

Personally I don't think all of his choices were right, these are the players I think should be replaced and why...

Upson OUT - Dawson IN because stats prove Dawson has been one of the most constant defenders in the Premier League this season, and Upson has form has been up and down all season.

Shaun Wright-Phillips OUT - Adam Johnson IN because Johnson has been on top form since joining City, keep Shaun Wright-Phillips out of the squad, surely I remember Capello saying if they aren't getting football at club level they'd not be in his squad. Making this reason for the swap more clear.

Heskey OUT - Bent IN because being perfectly honest what has Heskey done for Villa this season? Nothing, and what has he ever done for England really?. Where this season Bent has worked wonders at Sunderland. battling for the Premiership Golden boot. Again Heskey has been in and out of Villa's squad, and Bent has been essential to Sunderland's line-up this season. Also Bent is a lot more of a goal threat than Heskey. I just don't get why Capello rates him so highly.

Clan Leader
Clan Leader

PostSubject: Re: England's World Cup Squad - Your views?   Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:31 am

Why on earth would anyone take both heskey and crouch thats just plain retarded.
bent should deffinetley gone.

Johnson should of gone aswell over shauny i can see why hes picked shauny over johnson and theo tho, hes kind of a mix of the two.
hes got pace like theo but can go round a man like johnson.

i like the look of the team though i think phill neville might of been a better choice than carragher though tbf.
they could of used him as cover for barry aswell
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teamhak.eu

England's World Cup Squad - Your views?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1